Tips on how to do a body wrap!
To do a body wrap, you will need:
- It Works Body Applicator Wrap
- Cling film / Saran Wrap or close fitting clothing to hold the wrap in place
- Free Photo collage App such as Instapic or Picstitch
Before doing anything, take photos of the area you are going to wrap, both front and side views. Make sure that the photos are CLEAR, not tilted, appropriate distance from the mirror, trousers are down low enough and not covering any pooch or belly. You will want these! This is not optional: to truly understand how your body changes you will need these. I didn’t even realize how much my body changed because I see myself every day, it was only by comparing my own before and afters that I realized the immense change and that, amongst other changes, I was getting my waist back!
- Clean the part of the body you are going to wrap with hot water. This helps to open the pores to absorb the cream on the wrap and get it working. It also removes any traces of cream / sweat / body wash etc. You could take a hot shower right before applying the wrap or use a hot wash cloth. Do NOT use any soap or lotion as these can block pores and keep the lotion from properly absorbing. This is especially true of any moisturising shower gel such as Dove. Just stand in the shower and let the hot water open your pores.
- For ultimate results with the wrap try body brushing as this stimulates the area, increasing the blood flow to the skin and can help to stimulate the lymphatic system.
- Apply the Ultimate body applicator wrap to your desired area with the lotion side on your skin. Open the wrap right up, so that it is completely open. It looks like a prize fighters belt and the lotion is just on one side. Place it carefully over the area to be wrapped – you may need some help if wrapping arms.
- To keep it in place, wrap round the body wrap with cling film / saran wrap and then put your shirt down and read a magazine, do the cooking, go see a friend…
- Leave the wrap on for 45 minutes for the first wrap – the herbs etc are strong so do not overdo it on the first one.
- While wearing the body wrap, drink 1-2 small bottles of water / 2-3 glasses of water.
- About 10 minutes in to the wrap, you will feel the area go very cold (some people say it feels warm), this is supposed to happen. Your skin is starting to absorb the lotion.
- About 15-20 minutes in, your mouth may start to feel very dry. Drink water and keep drinking throughout the wrap and throughout the rest of the day. This is probably one of the most important wrapping tips.
- When you take the body wrap off, there will be lotion leftover on the area you applied it to. DO NOT WIPE OFF. Rub it into your skin until it’s gone. It starts by going white but keep rubbing it in in a circular motion until it absorbs. This doesn’t take long.
- Measure the same areas once again.
- Immediately take your photos , and continue taking them the next morning and each morning over the next 3 days. Try to take them at the same time of the morning, make sure they are clear and in the same positions as your ‘before’ photos. Make sure that clothing is not covering the area, that the distance is the same as your before photos, etc. When you go back to view your before and after, please make sure not to just scroll through your phone. You will not be able to view the actual differences properly. Download a free App like ‘PicStitch’. Use the two square mounts and insert your photos side by side with your before and afters.
- Drink at least 1.5 to 2 litres of water THE DAY YOU WRAP & EACH DAY for the next 3 days. NO EXCUSES. If you don’t see results, you didn’t drink enough water. Also, some people can feel a little light headed if they do not drink enough water
- Stay away from fatty foods, coffee (even decaf), tea, soda, sugar, smoking, alcohol, etc. during this time also. You don’t want to have the wrap do its job and give you great results, and then turn around and ruin it by eating badly.
- DO NOT exercise while wearing the body wrap OR the same day you wrap. This is NOT a wrap that makes you sweat out water weight. The lotion needs to completely get into your skin. You can exercise the next 3 days though.
- DO NOT shower immediately after removing the wrap. I suggest waiting until the next day to shower.
- RESULTS! 95% of people will have results on the first body wrap. If you don’t, please check to make sure you did everything mentioned above. Be sure to use all 4 wraps on the SAME body area before deciding on whether or not you had results.. The results and time frames are completely dependent on the individual, body size, type, chemistry, diet and lifestyle, amount of toxins in the body, and how slow or fast the body wants to react to the ingredients in the wrap. You can see great results after just one wrap — and others may not see anything until using additional wraps. But its important to always remember that 4 wraps (1 box) on the SAME body area is what is considered a minimum treatment.
- Smoking can and will lessen the results. Also, if you are on any medications or it is that time of the month, the wrap will not give results due to water retention, so if you are going to use it, time accordingly.
- DO NOT apply another wrap until at LEAST 72 hours later. The botanical blend continues to work over the course of 3 days, and results get progressively better during this time.
- Wrap one area at a time only. When wrapping your stomach, no other wraps can be used. Your arms can be wrapped at the same time by cutting one in half. Depending on the size of your legs, you can choose to cut one in half, or use one full wrap per leg. You cannot wrap your arms and legs at the same time. Legs separately, arms separately, and stomach separately. Not any of them together.